Sunday Morning Act of Worship

"Where two or more are gathered ....."

Yup, went to see Pythonesque yesterday at the Fringe. Four pretty boys energetically performing an homage to the seminal six while reinterpreting the most famous sketches.
Enjoyable.

It is likely that, at least in the circles in which I turn, Python scripts are more quoted than other holy writings, but overwhelmingly by only their male believers. Some time ago, I suggested an experiment to Y who was with me at the show, so is a known 'believer', that the phenomenon of Python-quoting was a gendered activity. I'd tested my theory one evening in the company of some good female friends whom I could trust to automatically ignore my foibles when in public. Sure enough, when sitting comfortably in a convivial establishment, I began to quote from the sacred skits. I was ignored, so I ceased and smugly considered my theory proven.

Y agreed to carrying out her own test, again with female friends and in public. Y had the same experience of being ignored. We compared notes and decided that the theory stood up, at least with these two sets of friends. However, I think it is possible that a subset of female friends might react differently, and that is women who are science fiction fans. It is just conceivable that they might join in.

Please try this and see what happens, then let me know!

I fitted in two shows yesterday, the second was a feminine interpretation of the Anglo-bard in the Complete Works of William Shakespear (Abridged). This time the Reduced Shakespear Company's famous script was performed by three talented young women.
Most enjoyable.

Go explore what's on in the Fringe programme:

http://www.edfringe.com/

No comments: