Light show at the Mound

Taking a stroll along Princes St after a lovely Thai meal at somewhere I now forget the name of, I was alerted by loud music and a small crowd that something interesting was happening at the Mound.

I crossed over and chatted to some young people handing stuff out beside some cars. They were part of an advertising stunt for the launch of some too expensive for me, car.

They had an excellent light show projected against the side of the National Gallery along all the pillars and reflecting onto the windows.

The cannon in this picture was at the beginning of a rapid sequence, but this is the only shot that came out reasonably well from that sequence.

 I liked this sky scraper picture and it seems to work in this shot.

Predictably, I didn't have my camera with me, although I suspect it would not have been adequate for the task of taking really good pictures in the dark. I made do with the camera on my iPhone.  I wish the stunning effects had come out better, but the pictures on this page might provide some idea of the sight.
Somehow, the projection has managed to produce realistic flames in the gallery windows. Not something that will ever actually happen, I hope.

No comments: