Down with this sort of thing

Fans of Father ted will instantly recognise the quote above. I was reminded of it when I spied the graffiti pictured below. This is written - carefully - on a wall at the western end of Portobello beach.



Close to perfect, but fails to add in the apostrophe. This threw up questions for me. Did the author stop at "work", but reflect on capitalist, or even otherly-politicised pedants quibbling over the absolutist sentiment? Did s/he then return to add in "4 most of us !!!"? It would be more satisfying to assume that this was a well thought out attempt, seeking gently to persuade the reader to agree with the sheer reasonableness of their cause. Just like fathers Ted and Dougal, and maybe just as effectively.

An ecologically slanted comment might have been more pertinent, as the presence of icky stuff pipes nearby would merit. Although, I'm not sure these are still gushing out unmentionable effluvient any more.
I took the pics with my phone camera, hence the grainy quality.

No comments: