Approaching festival time


Edinburgh prides itself on being the Festival City and indeed we are about to enter into another series of festivals from Easter to autumn. First up is the Science Festival. Daughter served as a useful reason for me to go to the interesting kids things when she was young enough to be enticed along to hands-on fun experiments. That period in our lives was all too short and as soon as she could protest sufficiently loudly it was over. But this year as most years there are a few things aimed at adults that I'd like to attend.

The Science Festival this year has an astronomical theme and takes more than a passing look at Darwin. However, there is a smattering of evol psyche/biology which I will naturally shun if only for the preservation of my highly evolved and sensitive BS detector.


Yesterday I picked up the programme for the International Festival. It's theme is the Enlightenment. Too much choice for a limited financial and time budget. I'll definitely aim for the exhibitions at Dean Gallery and some of the talks at the Hub. Perhaps I'll try to go to the Fireworks having missed them for some years. Usually the Fringe or the Book Festival claim my attention more than the EIF, so maybe it is fortunate I have got my hands on the programme so early and can seek out other interested folks and choose some options to buy tickets far in advance.


The Film Festival is also on the horizon but I've not looked into that yet. I'll post it when I get hold of the programme.

The image at the top is of the Last Witch By Rona Munro from the EIF programme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the international festival usually has incredible half price tickets on the day if you are open about what you see you can get amazing deals

as for the fillum festival I have a conduit to free tickets will explain later....

Jes said...

I saw something in the EIF programme about half price tickets. I know there is the helpful ticket tent at Waverley Steps each year for the half price Fringe tickets. I always check that out and have seen terrific shows I'd not otherwise have chosen. I'll look out for the same kind of deals for the EIF.

Now, your comment on the film fest has my interest piqued!