GOMA

I took my camera for another outing yesterday. This time to Glasgow. A while back, I'd commented on my visit to the Tate Liverpool to see the Niki de Saint Phalle exhibition which was on around this time last year. An anonymous commenter said that the Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art had a mirrored vestibule created by N de SP and yesterday I finally managed to take a trip through to see this.


The mirrored entranceway is just beautiful as it is created using different pieces of mirror cut in varying shapes on all four walls. Some are curvy, some straight-edged and some long and narrow.

Close up detail of the mosaic.

As you walk into the museum, helpful staff are there to hand out maps and guides of the museum as well as to provide more information about the gallery. The person I spoke to informed me that N de SP had also created the decal on the entrance outside the building. I went out, crossed the road and took some photographs of this which I've displayed above.

No comments: