Autumn in the Botanic Gardens


Very happy ducks.


The new visitor centre opened recently at the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh, so of I trotted to see what they’d done with it. I was impressed! The building is beautiful outside and in.
http://www.rbge.org.uk/about-us/news/stories/john-hope-gateway-open

I took some pics during what was a short, and wet visit to the gardens. If you look on the RBGE website there are superb photographs, but mine are not too bad considering my extremely amateur status.





In the rain - taken while balancing my umbrella, camera and some pine cones I collected from the sodden grass.

The the rain stopped and people started walking about again.


I came across some fungus in the damp undergrowth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some lovely pics.

The top one reminds me of Monet. Life imitating art (which is interesting since Monet's last lily pond pictures were painted when his eyesight was failing and he didn't see colours as we would).

Must see the new Visitor Centre myself.

Jes said...

Monet, eh? Very flattering!

Blogger has 'upgraded' some of its format and settings. For unfathomable reasons this appears to mean that the colours of the photographs I took, which seemed quite vibrant on my PC have come out rather more muted in the blog.

On the plus side, if you click on all the pics now, they expand mightily and provide more detail. Formerly, only one pic per post expanded when clicked.

Aren't software people clever.

Anonymous said...

I like muted - the very essence of autumn. Perhaps this is why I prefer my movies in the blues and browns of Eastmancolor to the reds of Technicolor.

I tried expanding the photos - hadn't noticed the feature before - and it does make them very impressive. However, I can only expand one at a time; your reply to me suggests I should be able to see them all.