General meanderings

Since I am fondly imagining that spring is just around the corner, I took myself off to look at a little nature this weekend. Briefly, as it was still perishing and in fact deteriorated into a drenching smirr* on Saturday.

Up in the Bathgate hills I came across the Korean war memorial. This is a small landscaped area just off the road where there is a little replica pagoda built to commemorate the service people who were killed in the Korean war. I know nothing about this, but it seems like yet another conflict which has taken lives of, no doubt perfectly peaceful Korean women and children for absolutely no good enough reason. However, this is a lovely spot and if service personnel are killed in a war then this is as nice a place as any for their friends and family to come to seek some recognition of their loss. http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/11532
http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/scotgaz/features/featurefirst10318.html

Less contentiously, I found myself in Crammond at 7.30am yesterday because I took a wrong turning and not being minded to just turn back and retrace my steps, I ended up stopping in a parking place in front of the river Almond. Movement on the other side of the river caught my eye and I saw three deer on the path by the river. I jumped out of the car and tried to take some pics with the camera on my phone. These were pretty hopeless as it is a phone not a camera and I don't spend much time getting to know how to use it. Here are a couple of the less blurred examples.

You just have to take my word for it that there are three deer in the picture!

No deer, but a weir in the distance.

My camera, which has been temperamental for some months is now officially defunct. I'm temporarily borrowing my daughter's, but that may refuse to work outside parties and nightclubs which are the only places she takes pics.

* http://www.rampantscotland.com/parliamo/blparliamo_weather.htm

No comments: