Something nice

Occasionally I am surprised to find a bargain and today I did. I was wearily hunting and gathering in both Edinburgh and Glasgow shops with no luck in finding any of the three urgent items I was looking for. Although, I have now discovered how close Buchanan Galleries are to Queen Street station and what a pleasant place it is to visit.


These were gifts, so I can't say what, in case the intended recipients are reading!


I was particularly frustrated in M&S Princes St because that is a negligently sign-posted maze clearly designed to draw the unwary in out the rain and keep them there until all money is spent. On the other hand, when I wandered into their cafe I had the pleasant surprise of finding their offer of cake and coffee for two quid! This applies after 2pm and had obviously attracted lots of other weary gatherers.


I had cappuccino cake, which was adequate quality for that price and a really huge slice so that I felt revived enough to return to the hunt and actually succeed in getting what I wanted - eventually.


The downside was getting a bus on or near Princes Street. Terrible! I can only hope that Lothian Transport are subsidising a whole dedicated branch of the Samaritans to talk despairing bus drivers out of ending it all and taking their passengers with them! Or perhaps these bus drivers are made of patience and find tranquility and let the chaos drift by.

No comments: