New Camera

I've acquired a new camera. I'm now in possession of a Canon IXUS gobbledygook (long line of numbers that probably matter to some people). It's taken months of worldclass dithering to get this far. Much of the time I've taken to choose a new camera is down to combating lingering resentment that my old one died when it really wasn't that elderly - only three years. According to one camera-shop-assistant I spoke to, this is pretty much built into them. If this is indeed the case I am offended by camera manufacturers deeply unecological designs and their disregard for my spending power. And finally, because not everyone is driven by consumerist need to grasp the latest model of any gadget, which built-in obsolescence encourages.


So, anyway, pointed remarks (ranting) aside, after consulting (read pestering) everyone I knew who owned a camera, for their recommendations, I bought this one yesterday. I've spent the morning ignoring the instruction booklet and confidently expect to inflict more of my 'interesting' photos on this blog in the near future. .

I'm hopeful of a big improvement in picture quality because of the feature which says it corrects shaky hands syndrome (well, that's my interpretation of what happens when standing in the cold or wind), so fewer of my pics should be blurry landscapes. What might also help, is the optical viewer which should cut out the fiddling with reading/distance glasses before pointing and clicking happens. That was the feature which sealed my choice of model. That, and the free case which will replace my existing one which is showing signs of wear after persuading the zip to fasten round daughter's slightly too large for it camera on my recent holiday


Now, will the sun stay out today long enough for me to go somewhere and take pics?

No comments: