Tented city

An early sign of impending Edinburgh festivals is the emergence of assorted marquees in odd parts of the city.  Few would categorise Charlotte Square as a shanty town despite the tents sprouting all over it in preparation for the Bookfestival. I suspect the august class of August squatters in that area would dispute these terms if applied to them.

By far the best temporary structure is the Famous Spiegeltent back again in George Square with a great programme all this month.

At the other end of the gorgeousness spectrum is the off white structure at Shrub Place.  Nofitstatecircus is described as an amazing spaceship. Nope, not how I'd describe it, but I'm not a fan of circuses whatever their state having been traumatised very early on at Blackpool Circus by someone dropping their melting ice cream over me while not paying attention to the clowns.  I've made no effort to get over this, so far down the trauma list is it. But obviously, as the therapists say, "there's a wee live issue there, hen."

It's very likely that NFSC do a very good show very appreciated by their audiences and if given a free ticket I'd go - for my own good you understand ...

However, apart from scouting about the place as I get on and off the buses across this town, I've made no significant progress towards festivaling in the last several days.  Things get going by the end of this week, so high hopes for taking a run and jump into the deep end.

No comments: