Moon Views

I took this photo of the moon just as it was getting dark this evening. The twilight sky was of a colour and clarity that could make poets of the most mundane of us.

I've begun to take my camera about with me, which is easy enough as it is a small digital and fits into most handbags. I even manage to remember I have it with me, and to keep a lookout for interesting views and scenes. However, I remain shy about standing in the road taking photos in public, so it will be a while before I can whip out the camera and ignore any funny looks (assuming anyone cared enough to stare at me in the first place.)

My creative buddies encourage me when I look at their photographs on their websites. They are professional photographers and innately artistic, but I can aspire to one day becoming 'amateur'!

Here's a closer picture of the north pole of the moon.
http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMMH029R9F_index_0.html

And looking back at us from up there.

Taken by the Terrain Mapping camera (TMC) on board the Chandrayaan-1, the first Indian unpersoned space mission to the moon. Chandrayaan-1 means ‘moon craft’ and is orbiting the moon at a distance of 110km.
http://www.moontoday.net/news/viewsr.html?pid=29658

No comments: