'Unusual Daal'

I finally got to the sales this afternoon. I managed to choose a new frying pan which is really all that I went for, but then I spotted a table. This fits in with my overall plan for decluttering and rearranging my living space. So this is the designated table that can live in the kitchen for everyday use and be taken into the sitting room and extended for special meals. This means that I can dispose of the small and infinitely annoying gate legged table in the sitting room thus freeing up more space in that room and a major declutter of the ornaments which adorn it.

Sig Other is willing to construct the flat pack table having heaved it into and out of the car and then into the hall where, I do so hope, he will get round to this vital task first thing tomorrow. Otherwise he may continue to imagine he is on holiday with only the King William College Quiz to occupy him – hah!

I bribed him with some unusual (his description) daal and korma.

Unusual daal

Moong daal
Monge tout
Fennel
Onion
Poblano chilli
Fresh coriander
Various spices e.g. coriander powder, clove, cardamom pods, amchoor, and probably lots more that I can’t recall.

Fry spices in groundnut oil, add veg, add daal then add water and cook till daal is done.

Mooli korma

Mooli
Coconut cream
Yoghurt
Ground almonds
Lime juice
Various spices (completely different from those in the ‘unusual daal’)

Fry Spices in groundnut oil, add mooli, add the remainder of the ingredients and some water and cook till the daal is ready.

All served with chopped coriander, tomato and brown rice.

Actually, this was all very tasty, especially the mooli korma which I will certainly attempt again.

At this rate, I’m getting through the umpteen different veggies in the fridge contributed by both myself and Sig Other, but not quite yet. We still have to do something with a butternut squash and some Jerusalem artichokes, as well as more celeriac and lots of herbs.

No comments: