Absent Osprey's

I took some pics during our dismal summer, and this is one from a trip to South West Scotland taken at 10pm near midsummer.

This one is from a trip up the A9 to try to see the Osprey's. They failed completely to turn up after me making an effort to go visit!! I'd only been meaning to for the last ten years. I later discovered they were all getting the celeb treatment by BBC's naturewatch. Clearly I didn't have the right equipment or charisma of Bill Oddie and his team of intrepid bird fanciers. Bitter? Me?



Well, I got lost that day and took several hours to find my way back to the car park at Loch Garten. At least it was hot and sunny and the scenery (minus Osprey's) was at its best.






Getting lost meant I could take some other pics. This one is of a part of the Forest of Garten which is being allowed to return to bogland. I was there just as the dragon flies were hatching.




More bog in the Forest of Garten. I had one unsettling moment when reading the information board in the carpark. There are over 100 different kinds of spiders in the forest. As an arachnophobe, I find this an inexcusable excess of nature.

No comments: