Brief London Meander

I went to London this week. But only briefly, enough time to have a bit of a wander round Hackney, Dalston and Shoreditch.  I'd never previously been to any of these areas and was pleasantly surprised by the buzz, signs of regeneration and friendliness of those people I had any interaction with.

I took my camera and set out in the lovely warm sun to take some photos. The above is a whirly windy thingy on the side of a very smart new building. All rather dynamic. But look - just across the road about 100 meters away ...

Not quite as new and shiny. But that is probably typical of any area which has been neglected and now racing to catch up with modernity.

The area is flat so more people risk traveling by bike than in more hilly areas. I can only say that they are braver than I'd ever choose to be given the London traffic.

I had a nice time and maybe sometime I can go back again and find even more cheap, yummy veggie food as I did the other day and more relaxing cafes to sit in and watch that part of London life wander by.

No comments: