Last few fringings

I still had many boxes to tick, many types of show to see and assorted art exhibitions to fit in before it all evaporated into where ever fringe things go between September and July each year.  I didn't get much further as I began to feel a disconnect between my aspirations of a month ago and the reality of traipsing about the city in attempted holistic culture mode.

The final Fringe Saturday D, with whom it had all begun on the first Friday, joined me again for a bit of a yomp round and about. This time we wandered rather unfocussedly amongst the craft stalls here and there. Then sat in in a chilly coffee garden at Surgeon's Hall.  Then she left to join other pals while I went to see A Bit of Irish hoping the advertised singalong would live up to the hype. Well it was ok, but quite brief at only 40 minutes. I had a free ticket, otherwise I'd have felt a bit miffed.

I really didn't want this to be my last experience of Fringe 2010, so I made time on the Tuesday lunchtime to see another recital at St Mary's Cathedral. I'm so glad I did this because once again I was privileged to see a wonderful musical treat.

Jennifer Rust, soprano and Anna Yang, pianist entertained splendidly with a varied programme from Schumman to Gershwin.  Best of all was Pleurez, Pleurez mes yeux, from Le Cid. I had never heard this before and was simply delighted to be introduced to this piece in such style.

All together a much more positive end to my Fringe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

A fantastic three weeks fringing!